Special Needs

Shepherd’s Heart International Ministry

SHIM Guest Housing Block   

The new staff and visitors housing block - completed in 2014.

The new staff and visitors housing block – completed in 2014.

  • Cost: $10,000 – Completed! Thank you for your generosity!      

Fencing for SHIM Property

  • Cost: $4,000 – Completed! Thank you for your prayers!

Water Purifying Systems for every island17 down, about 30+ to go!

  • Cost: $2,000 each

Small Business Loans for Islanders (enables islanders to be trained and assisted in starting life-sustaining businesses.)

Lingira Living Hope Secondary School

First phase of the teachers’ housing is underway (April 2015).

Building/Equipment

  • Brick Teacher’s Dormitory - $10,000
  • Bunkbeds for the hostels - $60 each
  • Desks - $25 each
  • Brick School Kitchen - $4,000
  • Water Tanks for Collecting Rain Water - $4,000

Sponsorships for Students

  • The Child Development Sponsorship Program costs $30 a month for each student. This takes a student from kindergarten through high school. To sponsor a student in junior college or vocational it is $50 a month, and for college/university sponsorships it is $100 a month.
  • Non-sponsored students at LLHSS now have the option of participating in a cost-sharing program, in which if they pay 60% of their fees within a set time, SHIM will pay the remaining 40%. Funding for this program comes from donors who wish to support education on the island and/or LLHSS. Any dollar amount is accepted.

Video on how the sponsorship program is helping island students.

For up-to-date information on SHIM and the islands, visit and “like” the SHIM Facebook page.